[pct-l] La Nina in effect

Oregon weather has been exhibiting classic lah neenya characteristics
since December 26. Timberline Lodge now has 184" of snow at the base
and the rain in Portland has caused daily existence to resemble life
aboard a submarine.  There has been a major change in the weather
pattern today with sunny skies and mild temperatures.  The extended
forecast shows these conditions continuing for several days.  Has the
wild child been broken?  We'll see.  I predict that, if the Seahawks
win Superbowl XL, there will be nothing but blue skies and happy
faces in the Pacific Northwest for the foreseeable future and the
nasty weather will shift south to Baja Oregon.  If, on the other
hand, the Steelers prevail, nobo thrus will need snowshoes from
Crater Lake to Lolo Pass in August and will be rerouted via Spokane
when Mt. St. Helens erupts in disgust.  Just my opinion.

Wayne Kraft