Doc Holiday
From: Scott Herriott <yetifan@yahoo.com>

From: yetifan at yahoo.com (Scott Herriott)
Date: Sat Feb  4 12:49:40 2006
Subject: [pct-l] "Grizzly Man" on TV tonight

Doc Holiday wrote:

<Not really! I watched this last night, and was quite
dissapointed. I
expected to see a documentary about grizzly bears, and
instead was
assaulted by a documentary of a self aggrandizing,
mis-guided, self
absorbing, naive young man who pushed the boundaries
of human interaction with a
very wild and dangerous animal.>

Well, if I guess it was supposed to be exclusively
about grizzly bears they may have called it "Grizzly
Bear" instead of "Grizzly Man".  The film's focus WAS
Treadwell and, as you correctly point out, his "self
aggrandizing, mis-guided" attempt at what he was doing
up in Alaska.  But I also felt it had, as the director
Werner Herzog points out in the film, some
extraordinary footage of grizzlies, probably only
attainable by what Treadwell was doing, however
misguided and ultimately tragic it turned out to be.

Squatch
www.walkpct.com