[pct-l] Super Secrets - Camera News Flash - Public Announcement

Due to rapid technology changes my  new backpacking camera recommendations
are as follows:

Compact Full Feature camera = Canon  PowerShot S80 (8 MP/$500 list
price/under 8 ounces).  This new camera has  an album mode to store your pictures in a
26 MB onboard photo album.   Cool.

Ultra Compact camera = Canon  PowerShot SD500 (7.1 MP/$460 street price/under
5 ounces???)

I do not think batteries are a big  deal anymore.  You can just recharge when
you pull into a trail town.   Not a big thing or carry solar panels to
recharge all your toys on the  trail.

Thank you for your  attention.

Your hiking buddy,  Switchback
Trail Horny Toad & Camp  Weasel