[pct-l] Single Wall Tents

I've used a lightweight, single-wall tent for more than five years -- one was a one-person Nomad
tent I used on my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail and the other was a two person Nomad tent
that I used to hike in New Zealand, Scotland and several places around the United States. Both of
these single wall tents went through many instances of consecutive days of rain. One night in
Scotland I'd erected my two person Nomad in a rainstorm along the bank of a river. That night the
river rose considerably. The "bathtub" part of the Nomad saved me from waking up in the middle of
the overflowing river -- fortunately, the river water went down and didn't come overtop of the
Nomad bathtub. Everything in that Nomad, including me, remained dry -- I guess I'd seamsealed the
heck out of it with GE 100 silicone caulk (probably added 3 ounces to the tent weight).

Here;s the link to the Nomad tents:
http://www.wanderlustgear.com/

Note that just about any single-wall tent you buy will get condensation in it over the course of a
long-distance hike.

Datto