[pct-l] Anonymity

Junaid,

I wouldn't worry about this at all.  You are as free to share your thoughts on this post as you will be to share them on on the trail; with the caveat that the list rules are followed.  At Hiker Heaven,  I've had the pleasure of having a ring side seat for countless conversations ranging over a vast range of topics, with passionately held opposing views.  And somehow, despite the differences, relationships made on the trail are among the most cherished in hikers' lives.

I was rather amused and perplexed about the thread that the topics on the post should adhere to hiking related matters -- that sure doesn't happen on the trail.  When people cut out the "noise" of their busy lives, and walk for weeks or months, they have the time to turn over every stone of thought in their minds, and when they gather, the topics are as diverse as the human imagination and experience.  This list is a continuation of the banter, a place for the community of hikers to continue to connect.  If it's a place where people are afraid to speak their minds and share their thoughts, the value of it would be greatly diminished.

To repeat the old phrase, you simply can't please all the people all of the time, but you will undoubtedly please some of the people some of the time.

L-Rod