[pct-l] Post Trail Adjustment - a reply

> Anyone else have any comments on this thread besides
> Person X and myself?

Great thread Mags.
I have a little experience and lots of success with this subject.

Depression or
"Feel Bad" to >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Feel Good"
Thru-Hike Therapy

Almost every action a thru-hiker takes on the trail are treatments for
depression.
The list is endless, but here's a few:

#1................................. be active!!! (get off the couch)
How much inactive time does a thru-hiker have on the trail?

Get up early.

Get to bed early but not one hour after getting up.

Performing repetitive/menial tasks as a physical/meditative therapy.
"One foot in front of the other" is a common phrase in the field.

Exercise?............ Given

Simplify?.......... No bathroom is a good example ..... It's a Zen thing.

Remain focused on a goal and constantly take prioritized actions to acheive
that goal.
Make the plan....Do the plan.

Get involved with people of similar interests. Share the experience.

And (for the very selfish ends of feeling better) help others (would this
include hiking for charity? :) Not my hike, but Volunteering for
not-for-profit organizations is near the top of that list :) )

Eating HUGE amounts of food on Zeros is not included as a theraputic
method, but that can feel good too.

When a hike stops, treatment may also stop.
(Active? Focused? Helping others? Done? or replaced)

Warner Springs Monty