[pct-l] Trail maintence

why are hikers that are raising money for a charity more indebted to the trail than hikers who hike JUST for themselves?

(The above is from an off line conversation so I am not sighting the author.)

I guess I read it differently or not carefully enough for no way was I pin pointing fund raisers as needing to do trail maintenance more than anyone else. My very strong feeling is EVERYONE day hiker, section hiker, thru-hiker...everyone, has an obligation to give back to the trail.

My your New Year find you hiking as much as you'd like!

JoAnn