[pct-l] Question for fundraisers/charity hikers

Yeah but some people don;t really know they love to hike and start out
hiking the PCT.  In that case then who cares if they also raise money for
charity... Plus, if you love to hike, and you are going to hike anyway, why
not use the opportunity to raise money if you feel like it.  Or another
situation is that you need a little  kick in the pants to go hike, it helps
you do the hike - like gives you extra reason to get extra involved. Gets a
cause behind you.

Now, I have to say that I just hiked to hike.  And in a way it just clears
your mind.  You aren;t out there for anything but your own time.  That did
make the hike enjoyable for me.  I didn't really have to think about stress
- eat, sleep, walk... Wait for the next beautiful sight...  I liked doing
that...

I think that might be the feeling that you think people miss when they hike
for charity...  I understand   how you experienced something special with
hiking just to hike.

But all people need different things I think.  Maybe they already got that
feeling of freedom for themselves in a different life experience.  But this
time they want to do it for another reason... I don;t see harm in that.

I think there is more to your story, like some chairty hikers that you hiked
with once always baked fresh muffins and never gave you any or something ;)

But if anyone does start to hike for charity, I recommend they do it for the
organization  entitled - 28 year old's who just finished their undergrads
and do not have jobs yet.

Thanks,

Mouse