[pct-l] Fw: canister stoves

----- Original Message -----
From: JoAnn M.
To: StoneDancer1@aol.com
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2005 11:15 AM
Subject: canister stoves

I love mine but I am, at best, a section hiker. The only  complaint I have is that knowing the level of remaining fuel is a guessing game. Just like anything else though, you do become more skilled the more you use one..you have a better feel for what it sounds like when you shake the canister as to approximately how much fuel remains. Needless to say, the problem of not being able to find replacements on the trail is eased by a bounce box.

For me, the positives (ease of use: yes you just take it off/on at will; nothing to re-fill  {I'm not good, while on the trail, at pouring liquids, i.e., read, sloppy} you carry stove and canister, nothing more) out weigh the negatives and I love my Camping Gaz Turbo 270, with wind screen.

JoAnn