[pct-l] Unwanted email // Hike the Hill/helping the trail/etc.

When I first subscribed to the list, my email inbox was swamped and frequently I couldn't keep up to date with the list!
So I changed my account settings to the "digest" mode...  but if I didn't check my email for a few days, it was still too
much to go over, especially if I posted to the list and there were also replies...

Here's yet another way to 'do' the pct-l without unsubscribing...

Use your internet browser to go to <http://mailman.hack.net/mailman/options/pct-l>...
log in and then change your 'options' - (scroll down) - first item under options is "Mail delivery"...
set it to "Disabled"...

"So how does one 'receive' the pct-l then?" you ask...
Still using your browser, go to the archives <http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/>
and select the current month by "Date" - in this case "December 2005"
<http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2005-December/date.html>...
Bookmark that page and place it conveniently in your browser's "PCT" folder (you do have a PCT folder by now, don't you?)...
January, 2006, 'should' be <http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2006-January/date.html> when the time comes...
after that just change the URL each month to keep current (and change your bookmarks properties each month, also)...

The only pct-l emails that I get now are either "cc"s or 'offlist' replies to my posts...
I can quickly browse online the pct-l subjects and senders - ignoring those that I want to - and get 'up to date' fairly fast,
even if I haven't looked at the list for a couple of weeks...

And, yes, I also agree that if a thread wanders too far off the original intended subject, then responders have the
obligation to give it an appropriate and relevant new subject title!

Enough for now...  Back to browsing...  Happy trails!!!  And a Happy New Year!