[pct-l] Old School Skis

 Yes Marge I am that old.!! We use to snicker at the folks that used " NO-Wax" skis as getting the " Right Wax" was half the game..  My friend Rod had a pair of old wooden " Sundin's" which were better as he had half metal edges which were nice on the icy days.  We use to ski out of White Pass to the old Sand Land shelter which is still there today. Biggest trip was a winter crossing of the Olympics in mid Feb. and I still love my old wood skis.. ( They rate high like old wooden ice axes) Even on K2 in 1978, wooden ice axes show up in most every photo in National Geo Graphic.   Lots of fond memories of wooden snowshoes along with 60/40 cloth parkas....  Sound of my old blue Optimus 111B stove ready for take off melting snow for tea,,, Rag wool sweaters from Peter storm,,,, fishnet underwear.,,,, nickers,,,,,, External frame packs.. Most your gear was from the " Goodwill " or some other second hand store which worked well with all the wools and silks. Eddie Bauer use to have the best stuff till they sold out in 1971 and the second hand clothing stores in mid 70's still had lots of Eddie's stuff floating around.   The  funnnest part was to see who could buy the " Wildest" wool sport coat to ski in!!! Big ugly plaids were hard to top!!!