[pct-l] Canister stoves

Having been raised with a Primus, and switching to MSR years ago ( I used
Esbit on the PCT), I know virtually nothing about canister stoves.  In  looking
into the literature, I found a lot of people saying they found "half  full"
canisters in hiker boxes here and there... and, in fact, I saw some  myself.  My
Question:  Does that mean that you can screw the canister  off when dinner is
done and simply store everything away?  I assumed  it involved some
puncturing thing that makes this impossible.  (Santa Hiker  put a Giga Power Ti in my
stocking, and what instructions there are, are in  heiroglyphics, sanskrit, and
cuneiform.)

"No Way Ray"  Echols