[pct-l] Canister stoves

> Question:  Does that mean that you can screw the canister  off when dinner
is
> done and simply store everything away?  I assumed  it involved some
> puncturing thing that makes this impossible.

Early Bluet Gaz stoves punctured the cannister. Modern stoves
have a valve. You ought to unscrew them after each use (after
a short time to cool down). There is a small chance that a piece
of grit will lodge in the valve during this on/off process and
jam it open, so you bleed off your iso-butane gas. That's why
it is a good idea to use the little plastic cap that protects the
valve area on the cannister while it is in your pack. Also use
the protective container for the stove, too.