[pct-l] Re: Don't Cook Foods In Plastic

Thanks for the info Joseph, although from my perspective the timing was unfortunate.  I was was just getting into freezer bag cooking.  I was wondering if the out-gassing occurs in Lexan and soom of the harder plastics such as Rubbermaid TakeAlongs and similar containers.  I sometimes use these instead of freezer bags.

Also I wanted to mention that my mother succumbed to Alzheimers in '01.  One of the doctors treating her was a neurologist who taught neurology at the University of California at Davis, a highly respected medical school.  He told me there was no established connection between aluminum and alzheimers disease and that the main contributing factors were hereditary.

Let's see, I know it was some kind of holiday today, but I just can't remember.  Oh yeah, happy Hanukah!

John Coyle
Sacramento