[pct-l] Payphone at West Palm Springs Village?

No pay phone there that I know of - just a few houses.

But I have good memories of that locale from last year.

Last year, I met up with Reino Koopmans, the Frisian Rhino, on my way
down the relentless drop from San Jacinto. Since my parents live only
a few miles away, I had arranged to have them pick me up where the
trail crosses under I-10. So I invited Rhino for dinner and to spend
the night at my folks place. She gladly accepted.  We got to the
Interstate early, so we walked up to one of the houses, knocked on
the door, and asked to use the phone. No problem, the gracious folks
invited us in and let us use the phone. I called my parents to let
them know we were ready to meet them.  Then Rhino and I hiked up to
the freeway offramp to await our pickup.  Right at the offramp there
is a convalescent home.  Some guy who worked in the kitchen saw us
sitting in the dirt and took pity on us. So he walks across the
parking lot and invited us to come in to the facility for a full meal
of Lasagna and other goodies.  We were grateful, but declined since
my folks had dinner planned. We had a great night at my folks place
and started back up the trail in the morning.

Lobo