[pct-l] Charged up by Squeaky

L-Rod

Thanks for the info on _http://www.locksoflove.org/_
(http://www.locksoflove.org/)   My wife  is a cancer survivor. We were at you house last spring I
dropped of about 30  days of backpacking food since I got hurt on the AT in April
and had  to have a knee operation also had a dislocated back and was not  able
to backpack in 05.
 Now! I will tell my story about an attractive girl with short hair  who I
met at Vermillion Meadows and we finish the JMT together. The reason  she cut
her hair was she did not want to look attractive on the trail and  she also wore
a Gravel Girty wig (remember form Dick Tracy) (spelling may  be wrong) she
looked awful and older then me with her wig. We were a  strange couple she was
35 and I was 70. I had a 35 lb backpack and she had  a 70 lb pack. Her tent was
12 lbs alone.

PS:  Do you have a Subaru???

Lonetrail

Depends on what pictures you're look at . . . . there's been a gradient
change of hair color that has evolved and morphed over time, which explains a  lot
;o)

I'm really glad you brought up my hair, though.  I am cutting it all  off,
and buzzing down to 1" for my hike next year..  In fact, I've  already declared
to many hikers that I am going to paint war stripes on my  face, drink tequila
shots, and get my buzz with hikers as witnesses next  Memorial Day weekend.
I'm also thinking of going blue, at minimum, I'll  try the Kool-Aid dye thing
to see if I can handle it.

Why?  I was very inspired by Jessie, who hiked this year.   While staying at
Hiker Heaven, she buzzed off her gorgeous waist long hair and  donated them to
"Locks of  Love" to be used to make wigs for young cancer  victims who've
lost their hair due to cancer treatments.  My hair is  probably not wig quality
like Jessie's is/was, but they will sell short, gray,  or otherwise
not-wig-quality hair for cash to get money to make the wigs and  run their program.  So,
rather than seeing all that hair get swept into  the trash bin, it might
actually help somebody.

For any of you out there (men or women) contemplating an extreme buzz for
your hike, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE visit this website and follow the steps to
donate your hair.  If you look in the photo gallery of wig recipient  before and
afters, be prepared.  Puts many things into perspective.  Seeing those photos
motivated me to actually grow my hair longer so that I  would have more to
donate.