[pct-l] Charged up by Squeaky

Yo!

L-Rod said:
I have a confession.  When I first heard of Scott Williamson's "yo-yo" attempt back in '97, I thought he was doing the trail play with a yo-yo the whole way.  I wondered who was going to validate that he acutally used a yo-yo while hiking every step (someone from Guinness Book of World Records trying to keep up?).  Seriously, I thought that, and still chuckle about it now.  So, there's something no one has done before that won't force you to attempt any speed records!

Makes me wonder...  Can one attain and maintain a "state of Yo" (remember Tommy Smothers - "the Yo-Yo Man" - on the Smothers Brothers show) while thru-hiking?
How many consecutive days could one possibly remain in a "state of Yo"?
And in this case especially, the first one to Canada (definitely) loses (setting the record for "Yo" longevity)...

Geez, just even more logistical problems to worry about and work out...
Will have to find good quality strings, probably only online now - none locally available...
Will have to do longevity testing to see how many strings needed for the entire PCT, and how often/where to bounce them ahead...
Does anyone know of a high quality UL yo-yo that is still capable of performing the majority of tricks?
I'll probably have to research that one myself since I haven't seen ANY yo-yos near store checkout stands for many years!
Gotta go get started this...  especially the physical strengthening/training, practicing left handed so I can switch off, regaining the ability to do all the tricks, etcetera...

Yo, happy trails!!!