[pct-l] Illegal Marijuana

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. Hemp rope used to be the standard of
quality before synthetics came about.
I've heard that the ummm... "quality" of the weed was akin to smoking
corn silk. It wasn't until fairly recently (since the 60's?) that the
plant was bred to increase potency.

Last plant patch I saw was actually within 100 yards of Humbar Park at
the foot of The Slide trail. It was grazed on (or maybe plucked by
passing hikers?) and was actually conspicuous from it's bright green
color amidst the brown/grey of just about everything else around it. I
saw it while being stopped by a ranger checking my permit -it was that
close to the trailhead!

I bet Charlie Jones has seen a lot of it. That man can identify each and
every living thing seen (and unseen) on the trail! And I would imagine
there would be some at Barrel Spring - shady, mild temps and moist soil
- and heavily used by day hikers (I just came back from camping in Anza
Borrego yesterday and there was at least 5 cars parked there).

I've seen it a couple times near the Ortega Highway (Highway 74) in the
Cleveland NF along the San Juan Trail and up in the Bear Creek trail
towards the San Mateo. All growing wild, but I'm sure it grew from
debris left by users.

Not too long ago, a huge plantation was found on the south slopes of San
Gorgonio, accessed from the Vivian Trail. A lot of small run-out trails
up there - that's why people get lost more often in that area. Last year
the police spent a week eradicating a plantation up above snow creek
under San Jacinto!

It's out there. I'd rather stumble across that than poison oak or a
cactus!

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m