[pct-l] How We Learn Stuff

Yeah,

I'm a geologist too.  Perhaps you've seen the graphs
of CO2 over the last 50 years taken from the Big
Island of Hawaii?  They show a very obvious upward
curve (the seasonal ups and downs are also visible).
Its pretty damn obvious that since the industrial
revolution and the widespread use of vehicles,
atmospheric (and oceanic) CO2 has spiked.  Now is it
simply coincidence that since then our temps have
increased?  Not very likely.

Also,

>From the detailed accounts that I have seen, this
> warming trend is;
>
> 1) VERY short term relative to other records of
> similar events, and,
>
> 2) not unprecedented in speed of warming or
> magnitude of warming.

Of course it is short term (geologically and
socially).  It just started (100 years ain't nothin).
If it keeps going though, 'short term' it will not be.

HMMMMM, everything I've learned has indicated that it
is pretty unprecedented in terms of speed and
magnitude.  Could you enlighten me?