[pct-l] Elephant Foot Sleeping Bag

Chuck and I are the proud possessors of two vintage Sierra Designs (I think)
elephant's feet bags.  We experimented with them for mountaineering in the
Sierra with down jackets in the late 70's, early 80's or so.  They worked
ok, but we haven't used them for years - I don't recall why we stopped using
them, but probably we got zip-together sleeping bags ;-) and found that we
liked them better.

 Seems to me that if you sleep warm, this can be a fine solution if your
down sweater will keep your shoulders warm enough.  I prefer a full bag or
quilt, myself - along WITH my down sweater & husband to keep me warm.  I
sleep cold.

It's just one of many decisions to make!

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached its top.  Then
you will know how low it was.
                                                                     Dag
Hammarskjold