[pct-l] GORP Mixes

Well, I am in the Walmart food section today minding my own business.   I
think to myself that I should wonder over to the salty snack section and get
some nuts, etc., for a GORP mix for the big Section E expedition coming up  in a
few weeks.  No problem -- have done this many times in the last 40  years of
backpacking.

I happen to be standing in the cooking aisle.  I look up and I am  staring at
a bunch of small bags of mostly chopped nuts for cooking.  I  think to myself
why have I not been using these all these years?  They are  chopped up and
will bulk out my GORP container much better.  I can carry  more product in the
same or less space.  And it will be very easy to  customize my GORP mix with
these packages.

I have my mouth partly open and a dumb look on my face.  I feel angry  and a
little depressed to realize I am a moron and should have been doing this  40
years ago.

This is what I bought today and mixed at home.  Tastes very  good.
1.  chopped pecans
2.  pine nuts
3.  chopped macadamia nuts
4.  chopped walnuts
5.  sunflower kernels
6.  chopped hazel nuts
7.  Sunkist Almond Accents - roasted garlic Caesar (produce  section)
8.  Sunkist Almond Accents - ranch style sliced almonds (produce  section)
9.  Salad Pizazz - tomato 'N bacon parmesano sliced almonds (produce  section)

I flavored the mix ingredients with a little popcorn salt, popcorn cheese
salt, garlic salt, and butter buds.  This GORP production method is so easy  to
customize.  You could actually make several different mixes to take on  the
trail.

My simple questions is this.  WHY DIDN'T YOU PEOPLE TELL ME ABOUT  THIS?  WHY
AM I THE LAST TO KNOW?  This whole thing is a conspiracy  and Commie plot
against me.

To top this all off, I also see in the cooking section M&M bags of  tiny
candy that would be perfect if you wanted to add some sweet to your  mix.  Again,
this would bulk or cube out your GORP container much  better.

May be I am not your hiking buddy anymore, Switchback
Gear Weenie & Last to Know Supply  Moron