[pct-l] Tent Lunar Solo versus Tarptent

Hi Margarte

The real expert this year is probably Splash the SOBO.  She's headed for
Wrightwood right now and has carried hers since Manning.  While hiking in
Washington, she only had good things to say about it. We had both wind and
lots of rain.   She's a mountaineering instructor, so I assume she is a
real good judge of tents in high winds.  I'll send her your email off line.

I bought my Lunar Solo for use in Washington and for use in mosquito areas.
The number one reason,,,,,,,,,, 24 ounces. I tarped it instead this year.

I love lots of things about it.  HEAD room, gear room, the open VIEW from
inside, easy set-up, tons of ventilation............................
Stability in a strong wind?  I haven't been there yet. I have rarely been
in what I consider a strong wind.  I haven't tried the Lunar Solo in a
strong wind.
That the tent floor is a pentagon and the tent stablizes in a hexagon shape
gives me enough geometry to trust it in a proper set-up.

The real expert, who I feel is extremely trustworthy, is the designer, Ron
(Fallingwater).  He's on the list, and you can email him through
Sixmoondesigns.com.  I would also like to hear what he would have to say.

Warner Springs Monty

pct-l-achives Monty Tam ?) a/o with the Virga a/o the Squall ?
> Do you value a tent with only one fly sufficient (warm and dry) enough in
Washington and cold and wet weather ? (Sleeping bag graded 20 Fahrenheit)
> The Lunar doesn' t look as if it were very stable in strong wind.
> Despite I know, Temperatur feeling differs v much from person to person
I'd like to hear about other hikers experiences and appreciate every advice.

www.bigskyproducts.com/SummitShelters/SummitEvoution1Pdetails.htm