[pct-l] Cascade Locks to Panther Creek in late fall, early winter?

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:44:06 -0700, "Rod Belshee" <rbelshee@hotmail.com> had
this to say:

>Expect lots of rain from November through January. Those are the three
>heaviest rain months of the year, with about 1.25 - 1.5 inches a week.
>
>Assuming you are taking the official trail, which reaches about 3200 feet:
>
>Snow however in November is temporal. At the highest levels there's a chance
>of some snowfall in November, but it is likely to be gone in a day or two.
>Mostly you will be wet and cold.
>
>During December there is strong probability of snowfall on the segments
>above 2500 feet at least several times. The daytime temperatures are above
>freezing, and the nights below. In general, it is a bit warmer when it
>rains, so there is less snow that this might indicate, but there will be
>usually be a week or two. The nasty stuff occurs when a cold spell comes in
>and turns the melting slush to ice, which is very difficult to walk on.
>
>Expect in January to have a few inches accumulation at the higher
>elevations.
>
>If you are talking the alternate, low route then your chance of snow is much
>less. You will have cold, wet rain.
>
>But hey, there won't be any mosquitos!
>
>Steady, Sr.

LOL.. sounds like a ton of fun.   I stick to day hiking that time of year.
Once something gets wet it will not dry out until you get home.  with 100%
humidity or close to it  for weeks at time.  But last year was not as bad.
So-cal got all our Washington rain and snow.

It's  great time to hike in the Hoh or Quinalt rain forests on the Olympic
peninsula where rain is guaranteed any time of year.