[pct-l] Reporting Lost Hiker?

On Oct 21, 2005, at 5:55 PM, Chai Guy wrote:
> I had to give my brother a list of numbers (i.e. various Park
> Ranger offices) or if there was one single number, and if so what
> might that
> number be?

I'd give him the number of the PCTA.  From them you
would be able to figure out the best approach for the
last known location ( i.e. trail angel, county sheriff, National
Forest Service, National Park, etc.).

Otherwise, just a list of towns.  In a pinch it should be easy to
locate a law enforcement phone number for a town.