From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Paul
Magnanti
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:30 PM
To: PCT MailingList
Subject: [pct-l] a link about our favorite camp shoe...

Crocs (the fugliest show I know of. :D) is very popular among
thru-hikers.  Light for some, comfy..and insanely popular among
thru-hikers!

Crocs have their HQ in a town called Niwot..which is right next to
Boulder, CO.

Spend five minutes anywhere in Boulder and you will see these shoes. At
movies, at the grocery store, in your favorite coffee shop.  They are
insanely popular in the PROB as well!

I also know many of the people in our tribe seem to like them, too.  Go
to the ADZPCTKOP, Trail Daze, Gatherings what have you and you'd think
Crocs (along with Frogg Toggs and DriClime windshirts) was the sponsor!
:)

A local alternate weekly out of Denver did a story on these plastic
shoes:

http://www.westword.com/Issues/2005-10-13/news/feature.html

Figure some of you may enjoy the article.

Made the cover of the paper, too:
http://www.westword.com/

Enjoy!