[pct-l] Super Secrets - Hiking Poles - Revisited

Lots of good email comments on pole use.  I have often wondered about  the 15
degree angled grip you mentioned.  I have heard some people really  like it.
Also, I should have mentioned that you should use skin cream on  your hands
and feet everyday to protect them.  This helps the hands with  pole use too.

The reason I use duct tape on the lower section of my poles is because I am
lazy.  It is an easy way to keep them in place and never do any maintenance
in that area.  You know me always looking for a way to cheat.

I think if someone is not going to use the pole straps or use them  properly,
then just get the super light 2 ounce balancing poles for  hiking.  Why carry
14 ounces when you can carry 2 ounces if you want to use  hiking poles?

Happy trails, Switchback
Trail Town Saloon Brawler and Camp Ruffian