size=1>
2 Oct 2005 3:48:13 -0400</i><br>&gt;I have been happy enough with my Aurora
that I haven't purchased one of the even lighter, more versatile headlamps
over the last 5 years...  I might try another brand (one of the Petzl
styles) at some point if I feel the need to 'upgrade'...<br>&gt;The Aurora
is even lighter if one uses Lithium batteries instead of Alkaline - plus
Lithium batts last longer and give more candlepower in cold
weather...<br>&gt;As for the Pulsar key chain light, it is already somewhat
outdated, too - the Photon Freedom (Photon's fourth generation light) is
what I always carry now (I only take the headlamp now when anticipating
night hiking or it's a 'camping' trip or in the 'off-season' with short
daylight hours)...  The weight of a Photon Freedom is only 1/4 ounce -
further weight savings!<br>&gt;There's many lights to choose from today...
But LED is definitely the way to go today no matter what brand you buy,
whether for a headlamp or the small keychain style - you'll save weight and
the batteries last much longer than the old conventional bulbs; and if you
drop it, the LED bulbs don't fail/burn out/break!<br>&gt;<br>&gt;Happy