[pct-l] headlamp

I have been happy enough with my Aurora that I haven't purchased one of the even lighter, more versatile headlamps over the last 5 years...  I might try another brand (one of the Petzl styles) at some point if I feel the need to 'upgrade'...
The Aurora is even lighter if one uses Lithium batteries instead of Alkaline - plus Lithium batts last longer and give more candlepower in cold weather...
As for the Pulsar key chain light, it is already somewhat outdated, too - the Photon Freedom (Photon's fourth generation light) is what I always carry now (I only take the headlamp now when anticipating night hiking or it's a 'camping' trip or in the 'off-season' with short daylight hours)...  The weight of a Photon Freedom is only 1/4 ounce - further weight savings!
There's many lights to choose from today...  But LED is definitely the way to go today no matter what brand you buy, whether for a headlamp or the small keychain style - you'll save weight and the batteries last much longer than the old conventional bulbs; and if you drop it, the LED bulbs don't fail/burn out/break!

Happy trails!!!