[pct-l] Desperately need help for "Delicate Princess Foot Syndrome"

One thing you didn't mention was trying barefoot. You could check out
http://barefooters.org/ to see what people who advocate this approach have
to say. The short form of the argument is that human foot is a highly
effective bio-mechincal system. Shoes mess with what is a well designed (or
if you you aren't into intellegent - result of millions of years of
evolution) system. Or shoes aren't as well designed as the foot, and as a
result, people who where shoes have more foot problems than people who go
barefoot. Gives you pause.

There are a number of options which are close to barefooting. The old
standby are classic moccasins. I have never tried old fashion mocs on the
trail... I have always worried about traction. In recent years there are a
number of footwear manufacturers are doing their best to produce a virtually
barefoot experience fusing flexibility with a high traction soles. In the
ultra-running world, the Inov-8 shoes have been doing pretty well. I have
been using the Inov-8 310 flyroc shoes and love them. I also understand Nike
is following Inov-8's lead and is working on a line of ultra-light,
ultra-flexible shoes. http://www.vivobarefoot.com/ are making some expensive
shoes that sound like they are mocs with kevlar soles.

Good luck,
Mark