[pct-l] reds meadow store for resupply?

Sorry but the shuttle is not free. It costs $7.00 but you can use it more
than once in a day - go into town and return or tour around to all the
shuttle stops - Red's, Agnew, Devil's, etc.

>From Mammoth you can get a free shuttle - look for the bus with all the
bikes and it will drop you off in town.

Rick
----- Original Message -----
From: "Clinton Cleveland" <ccleveland@gmail.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] reds meadow store for resupply?

Hi,
 You *could* resupply there, but the selection is pretty limited.
You can get a free shuttle from Devil's Postpile/Red's Meadow to the Mammoth
ski area and then take the bike shuttle into town where there's a good
mountaineering store (possibly several) and grocery stores and whatnot.
I think the return shuttle trip from the mountain down to the Postpile costs
$14 or something (maybe it's $7 - can't remember). We spent the night in a
hotel, but did it without actually taking a day off hiking. Just don't miss
the burgers at Red's...
 Clint

--
Clinton Cleveland