From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
kenandeb@sover.net
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:05 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: scariest sound

This is definetly not the most scared I have been (pretty big coward
here), but I was alone in the Southwest corner of Yellowstone just off a
place called Bechler Meadows. Camped in a patch of lodgepole pine just off
the trail. Woke up in the middle of the night to this god awful noise in
the distance. For ten minutes it kepted getting closer and closer. Turned
on my video camera and recorded it as it passed by my tent following the
trail.

http://www.sover.net/~kenandeb/yellowstone_night.wav

I don't know what animals exactly were involved, wolf, elk, deer, moose,
You tell me.
Ken R.