[pct-l] PCT 07

Hey Bear! The CDT after the PCT sounds awesome. You sound like you
have your hands full with logistics. It's exciting and exhausting just
getting myself ready for one trail.

There are a few long distance hiking trails in my area (Fayetteville,
AR). There is the Ozark Highlands Trail, the Ozark Trail (southern
Missouri), and the Ouachita Trail. All are heavily forested mountain
trails.

http://www.hikearkansas.com/trails.html

I believe they are going to hook up the OHT and the OT. It'll be over
700 miles. Trailheads will be outside Fort Smith, AR and St. Louis,
MO, respectively.

I'll start with day hikes when it cools off, then work up to weekends,
every other weekend, and bring up my pack weight little by little,
until I can do 20mi. a day without a huge hassle. I would love to hit
the Western Section of the OHT before I leave for the PCT.

I think a Yahoo group would be faboo...

Steph
PCT 07

From: Lawrence Beals <lbealsjr@gmail.com>