[pct-l] Re: scariest sound

Hi

I was doing the Mid Stat trail in Pa with Maddox my German Shepherd  and he
decided to camp adjacent to a nice green meadow with a rippling  stream.  Just
at dusk we both were in our two man tent or in this case a  man and dog tent.

When we heard the weariest sounds like a cow giving birth plus a pack  of
coyotes howling & yapping and top of that the sounds of  that dam squawking hawk
which attacks everyone along the PC going down to  Sierra City.

Well, I looked out my tent and there where a herd of elks stumping,  snorting
and giving those weird sounds. The reason for all the noise we were  camping
on their dinner table.

Lonetrail