[pct-l] Mt Whitney

I believe that if you are hiking up Mt. Whitney from the "PCT" side (rather than up the highly used Whitney Portal Trail), that the PCTA can put a Whitney sticker on your PCT permit, and this will exempt you from having to go through the lottery proceses.  So, you best bet may be to check with the PCTA.

L-Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: adrian.borner@ch.abb.com
Sent: Aug 24, 2005 4:10 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: nakayama_shin1@hotmail.com
Subject: [pct-l] Mt Whitney

I will be walking the JMT and additional parts of my PCT section hike. I
already received my permit which does include Mt Whitney. Now on short
notice I have a friend from Japan who will join me. There is enough time to
get the PCT permit for 500 miles and more but with the 60 day rule, the Mt
Whitney permit is not possible. Is there another way to get this permit on
such short notice, i.e. climbing it around September 25?
Adrian alias Matterhorn