[pct-l] Food for section P...

Dear All:

I hung food in trees at Scott Summit and Etna Summit anticipating hiking
through there.  I will not be doing this, so if you know of someone passing
through there who who would like 5 pounds of good food at Scott Summit, and
7 pounds at Etna Summit, e-mail me for instructions on how to find it.

Also, I met two thru-hikers at Ash Camp on the McCloud River who said they
had to work really hard to rent a motel room in Etna.  Apparently a couple
of people rented a room and snuck a bunch of other hikers in.  The rugs were
trashed with dirt, etc., and the owners were really jaded about renting to
thru-hikers.

There is water every mile or two from ash camp to Deer creek.  There is
water seeping from a spring just west of the face of Grizzly Peak.
There is water about four miles west of Peavine Creek.    There is a note on
the trail in a baggie with instructions on how to find it from Fresian Rhino
(sp?).  No need to go out to Deadman creek.  All the water sources in the
guidebook are present in this part of section O, and then some.

Jeff Olson
Late of Laramie, Bend, and now Santa Rosa, CA...