[BULK] - RE: [pct-l] Bear Cannisters

Bob wrote: << If memory serves me correctly, that notice came about because
of the actions
of a few Darwin Award contenders who actually tried to use their rented
Bearikades as a cooking pot or to boil water during 2002 in the Sierras.
This activity naturally exceeded the service temperature of the adhesive
(-60F +180F) and weakened the end cap joint which ultimately led to the
revocation of tentative approval from the SIBBG.>>

I knew about that incident, and its precipitating Wild-Ideas' warning.  I'm
still amused by it.  Darwin contenders, indeed!

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached its top.  Then
you will know how low it was.
                                                                     Dag
Hammarskjold