[pct-l] Timberline to Cascade info/updates

Hey David and Michelle
Washington?  Great.
Jumped off the trail and missed seeing you again.
Michelle, thanks again for the granola bar.  Between that and cutting my
time talking to Nobo's I was able to bring my miles back up and stretch the
food.

I'd like to add a little something to the Timberline info.
Camping.  Slightly to your left from the front door of the lodge on the far
end of the big parking lot is a little mini mesa.  On top are about seven
fire rings and some places to camp.  Ten of us kept it really low key.  A
semi-local told me he had been camping there for 20 years and had never
been bothered.  We had a nice fire including some dried slash and other
wood intentionally set there for campers.  We were not bothered.

14 of us Sobos were first in line for the AYCE breakfast.  I warned them of
the smell so they put a one table buffer between us and the other patrons.
The servers had fun watching us pig out while their employer lost money at
our table.  Well worth the food, hospitality and the experience.

White Pass
12 of us waited out rain at the Inn of Packwood.  Jack and Jill plus their
daughter Michelle took real good care of us including a fire ring with wood
for our last night Smores party.  Around the corner a coffee house with
some of the best coffee on the trail.  Up there with Etna, Ashland, and
South Tahoe.

Skykomish
For a good time, call the number in the phone booth (Dinsmores will take
care of you at least as well as any trail angel ever has.  Donna Saufley
has been giving advise to or mentoring Andrea, Andrea claims.)  Best
Jacuzzi jets I've ever felt with a perfect temp. Food, food, food,  "Who
wants another burger?"   Jerry flipped about 30 that night.  There was a 24
X 30 inch pan of homemade Lasagna warm for the taking in the oven.  There's
a hot urn of coffee all day long.  That might be about half of it all.
Might become the Sauffley's of the north.

Stehekin
Ranch is a big wow.  Lots of food and an outfitting store stocked with
ultralight gear including alcohol stoves.
The Bakery!!!!  Cheap and Great!!!!
Free camping with plumbing.  The shuttle driver takes you to all these
places.

Maybe you and other Nobo's can use this stuff.

Hope to see you again some day.

Warner Springs Monty

NOT