[pct-l] frustrations of the section hiker

Hey, After nearly 3 years on the list I think I have figured out how to post messages!
  It is often said that when we die it isn't the dates of our birth and death that will be remembered, but the dash between the numbers that tell about HOW we lived.  In 03 I came home for a family emergency.  A few weeks before Kick off in 04 I had a stupid injury that landed me in the hospital and kept me off the trail.  I know the heartache of lost trail life.  It could only be worse if somebody-boss- were telling me I couldn't live my dream.
  It is making room in my life for long trails that makes me a better person, a more productive member of society when I'm home.
  What about 06?  Only recently have I recovered enough from 04 health isuues to recognize I would rather cry because it didn't work again, than cry because I was to afraid to ever try.
  Thankfully I do not have to answer to corporate anybody.
06?  I hope so.
Able

Going one's own way is often hard, whether that way is a long hike, or
traveling the world, or just rejecting the work, work, work idea for
less income and more time.

John

dsaufley@sprynet.com wrote:
> I am planning a leave of absence next year to (amongst other things) hike the Sierras, JMT sobo from the Valley to KM. I've already decided that if corporate winds up saying no, I'll quit in time to execute my plans. Would be sorry to have to do that, but will if necessary. I know that choice is not one that everyone can make, but the desire compels me and outweighs all other considerations.

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile