[pct-l] Trail injuries

In a message dated 8/4/2005 9:24:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tortoise73@charter.net writes:

> Always regoup at trail junctions. What is the obvious way to one may not
> be obvious to others.

If I'm hiking with a group and I'm NOT sure I'll wait but...

when hiking alone or when hiking with others, especially on a not-so-well
marked trail like the CDT or the PCT, at trail junctions when I'm SURE of the
correct direction, I'll draw an arrow in the dirt or set up a small duck or cairn
pointing the way.  If I have partners, and they lead, they do the same.

Sly