[pct-l] when to help - angeling

I carry the previous day's vitamin's sandwich zip  bag in my pocket. In it I
put all my food wrappers from the day and OPT  - other people's trash. I pick
up almost everything manmade I see, except  near roads or other places where
there's lots of trash; I pick up pieces of  glass, cigarette butts (The worst
litterbugs in the world are cigarette  smokers.), bits & pieces of paper
(frequently parts of food wrappers),  bicycle reflectors, pieces of tape &
bandaids/bandages, bits of  string/rope/laces/cord, and if I have room, I'll carry out
crushed plastic  bottles or aluminum cans.
    I very carefully burn the white, "female flowers"  (as I call them) I
find, or pack them until I can burn them.  I've carried a rotting sleeping bag
and a rotting tarp off the AT, and a  couple other big things off the AT.
    This year I passed on the 3 horse blankets and a  towel by the PCT,
abandoned by illegal's probably, because I'd have  had to carry them 3 days, as I
recall, and couldn't have carried all of it  anyhow. I also passed on the
strange, complete set of male clothes including  underwear, a couple empty food
wrappers, and something else by the PCT  - almost like someone had levitated; it
was almost spooky.

Bob "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
(Naturalized Citizen, Republic of  Texas)