[pct-l] A break from the trail???

> [Original Message]
> From: Jeffrey John Olson <Jjolson@uwyo.edu>
> To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
> Date: 7/28/2005 3:47:35 PM
> Subject: [pct-l] A break from the trail???
>
> Hey!

Hey Jeff
Good to hear more about your journey. I had to leave the trail for an
emergency at home. We were probably only a few minutes away from each other
at the time. Frustrating, two years in a row and only 270 miles to complete
and chaulk up the entire PCT. Maybe next year.

> I used it once on a snowfield just north of Cutthroat Pass and slipped
and missed the last step before rock.

I made an unscheduled glissade in the same area. A lot of fun until I tried
to climb back up. Received a lot of support from five really friendly
hikers at the scene. Got served a lot of crow from about 14 hikers in the
Skykomish restaurant. All in fun.

I particularly cherish Warner Springs Monte and Burn. Both are total
characters in their own way. Monte said he's trying to set the record for
the lightest base weight pack on a thru-hike. One of the other thru-hikers
said he had lots of advice but not much experience.

Whoever said this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
working hard on BOTH points now.  (more crow)

Hope to hear more about your hike and those around you, Jeff.

Thanks for the advise on the advise,

Warner Springs (obsessed with ultralight) Monty