[pct-l] The question of Why

Donna writes:

<< I have never experienced anything like this community, ever seen or heard
of as many miracles of human kindness as happen on this trail.  It is
overwhelmingly good.  From this simple concept of a trail comes countless
shining lights of how much people care, sacrifice, and give.  Here is found
the finest examples of humanity.  As one woman wrote in the register, "it's
the antidote for the evening news."  >>

For all the times that we find ourselves trying to explain to the rest of
the world what attracts us to the long distance hiking community, and why we
keep coming back, this is a great quote to encapsulate it.

wc