[pct-l] Stephenson's Warmlite

Good afternoon, Terriann,

I do not own, nor have I used, the Stephensons' products, but I will offer
some observations based solely upon viewing their Website:

At 6.9 lbs, complete, their average-size bag is far too heavy for distance
hiking.  My entire summer base weight of everything except worn clothing and
consumables is less than one pound more than their bag alone.  Some of the
reasons for their greater weight apparently are:
1)  A less efficient rectangular shape.
2)  A  comfort range extending far lower than what a three-season hiker
needs.
3)  The extra weight of redundant layers of fabric and zippers.
4)  The extra weight of fuzzy and vapor barrier fabrics.
5)  The weight of a built-in air mattress.

Most weight-conscious distance hikers use bags in the 1.5-2.5 lb. range,
plus approximately half a pound for a foam pad.

Their tents are probably OK, except a 2.5 lb. single-layer tent can be had
for considerably less money from other supplies.

However, I would like to complement them on the ultralight attire of the
people in the
photos.

Steel-Eye