[pct-l] Not related to the PCT...about the Grand Canyon

Hey all,
  i know this list is for PCT stuff, but i figure this
is a general enough question to fit into any hiking
forum...

i am taking a road trip across the states...i'll be
driving to the Grand Canyon to Toroweap and i was
wondering if anyone had driven through there before
and could give me any advice.  Every place i've read
about it said it was difficult driving and be prepared
to get a flat tire (it 90 miles of
gravel/dirt/slickrock road).  Would lowering the air
pressure in my tires help to prevent any flats?

Any help i could get would be great.

Shawn

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs