[pct-l] The Birds!

Hey Sly

That same bird got me too. I never got my hat back I was with the Bill  the
OLE Geezer. Beer from Tokyo was ahead of us, I had cuts on my head from it's
talons. Then that dam bird kept scooping down at us screaming you dam dumb
humans. I turned around and saluted the  bastard and said "I will be  back"

Lonetrail

Hey, is this the same bird that attacked Yogi and others?

Day 33 ?  July 6 ? talked with Horton

Fun trail story from July 6, Horton was  attacked by not one but two birds
(type unknown) yesterday in the last few  miles into Sierra City before Hwy
49.
He heard a "Whoosh" behind him,  then again over his head.  He looked up to
see
a bird squawking and  dive-bombing straight towards him.  After the first
passing he picked  up a stick and started "running like mad, swinging the
stick in
the  air.?  They made another pass and then "Wham!" on the third pass one of
them hit him in the side of the head!  It stunned him a bit and when he
looked
around he saw something on the ground.  For a split second  thought he had
taken
out his attacker, but in reality the bird had knocked  off his hat.  He
picked
it up and high-tailed it out of  there.

Horton's up to Lassen already,  incredible!

http://www.montrail.com/assets/Misc%20Copy/horton_log.htm