[pct-l] RE: Trail Condition in High Sierra

can any local "experts" weigh in on the feasibility and likely scenarios of
a JMT thru hike this august?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The JMT in August 2005 will be incredible. Some snow, flowers, sunsets and
sunrises with amazing backdrops of scenery. It will be amazing and should
not be missed. This will be a great year, and mid August will provide a
balance of challenges worth the time and effort. I will be doing the JMTsobo
in mid August and can't wait!! I've seen the Sierra in August during drought
and snow'98, and this year will be similar to '98. Short of skeeters, it
will be great!! Don't wait, get your permits, set your fooddrops up and go
for it!! Why ask why when the spirit and soul crave adventure !?! Stay tuned
to the pct-l, others will be out there reporting back on their adventures.
But by mid-August, the High Sierra will be perfect for adventurers, continue
with your plans, and don't be left behind in the "what-if" crowd.