[pct-l] Pack Size

Those are good safe options, that seem very flexible and well-suited to
the average PCT hike, but if you are interested in pushing your
baseweight down to 10-15 lbs, some other even lighter options might
include:

Gossamer G4 and Mariposa, ULA P2 and P1, Vapor Trail (and even the
Virga), and the Golite Gust and Breeze.

These and many more can be found at:
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Packs/

I think of some of the most standardly accepted, yet still very
lightweight, in the list above include the Mariposa, P2, and Vapor
Trail.  Some might think of the rest as "fringe"... again depending upon
your baseweight though.

I swear by my G4 (and it's dual use features), but I'm intrigued by the
fact that I don't think I have ever heard a single person say anything
bad about a ULA pack... not that I'm changing my mind anytime soon.

I think that if you listed gave a partial gear list including sleeping
bag, sleeping pad, some of your clothes, and just about anything else
you could put together... this list (or perhaps even more willingly
BackpackingLight@yahoogroups.com ) could probably fit you somewhere into
this spectrum pretty well... without the whole "go to your local
outfitters, buy 3 and find out"... kind of approach that only works in a
perfect world where you live near an awesome outfitter (better than I've
ever laid eyes on).

I think there has be a better link than what I have provided, i.e. a
list of basically all the lightweight packs, but I can't find one right
now, so I'll leave that to some fellow list members.

Ben