[pct-l] RE: MP3 info

I brought an MP3 cd player with a big stack of CD's in the bounce box to
change in towns, and a small pair of speakers.  Each CD would fit about 12
cd's worth of MP3 tunes.  There were a few times with other hikers when
they were thrillled to share some tunes at camp, but of course I'd never
turn it on around others unless they were quite clear that they were
enthused about it.

I didn't like the idea of being in the tarptent with headphones, but at
night the little sony speakers turned off (or without batteries) still put
out just enough volume (from the low levels output by the CD player) that
we could listen to some quiet, mellow tunes and still hear the night
around us.

Maybe others want to commune with nature, but personally, I'd go nuts
without music for an extended period.  Helps so much to boost the spirit
on hard days.

Paul - wannabe thru-hiker