[pct-l] RE: MP3 info

John,

On my AT thruhikes I would have gone crazy without my am/fm radio.
The single AAA battery lasted for several days of hiking.  I used the
AM band quite a bit on the ridgetops.

I was listening to NPR along a beautiful ridgeline in Virginia when
the first reports of Sept 11, 2001 began to hit the media.  I haven't
decided if this was a good or a bad thing.

A few guys were carrying MP3 compatible CD players. This allowed
changing music without a computer. Also, friends could send updated
disks.  Personally, I am a weight-weenie and wouldn't want the extra
stuff.

Some hikers scoff at any 'technology' (read: silicon based toys) on
the trail.  Personally, I don't care as long as you 'keep it to
yourself.'  Remember...HYOH

cheers,
terry