[pct-l] Re: Experience Vs. Pack-Weight

Very well said, Steel-Eye!  It is very hard to combine BOTH "camping" and "distance hiking," at least from a pack-weight perspective.  But that challenge is also one of the things that make expeditions so much more, uh, ... challenging.

And Yes, the invitation still stands!  You are most definately welcome in my camp at any time.  (But I didn't mention Beer. YOU had better carry some of that.  My pack is allready heavy, but I'll help lighten yours!)

Cheers!

Jim "Dallas" McCrain

> ....  "Camping" and "distance hiking" are on opposite ends of a
>continuum.  I have said it for many years:  When we carry more gear,
>camping improves but hiking suffers.  When you carry less gear, hiking improves
>while camping suffers.
>

>And yes, if we meet on the trail and if the invitation still stands, I
>would be happy to share your coffee, beer, pizza, or anything else you can
>conjure from your abundance.
>
>Enjoy...
>
>Steel-Eye

Remove SPAMGUARD to reply.